5 Ways to Support CAL Baseball
Please consider the Christian Athletic League for your charitable giving (whether you're looking for a year end tax deduction or just because you want to help the league beyond regular fundraising). We have recently begun a campaign to raise $15,000 for making improvements to the CAL fields and facilities, including funds to pay for infield clay this month, and a new mower and a new snack bar as soon as possible (more details are included at the bottom of this email). We will be grateful for donations of any size. The Christian Athletic League is a recognized public charity (tax id number 330939080), so your donation is tax deductible.
For your convenience, we offer the following methods for giving to our Field Improvements/"Field Funds" campaign:
- Via Mail - We accept donations via check or money order payable to "Christian Athletic League" mailed to
3380 La Sierra Ave, Ste 104-673, Riverside, CA 92503. Please reference "Field Funds".
- In Person - We will accept special donations via cash, check, money order, or credit card at any signup event or league function (next signup session is at the fields on December 9th). Again, please reference "Field Funds".
- Via PayPal Giving Fund - We are accepting donations via PayPal Giving Fund and eBay Charities at the following link: Donate with PayPal Giving Fund
- GoFundMe - We are accepting donations via PayPal and credit card through our GoFundMe campaign, which can be found at: https://www.gofundme.com/cal-baseball-org
Here's our campaign: We are seeking donations for three ways to improve our league and facilities so that the costs do not have to be added into player registration fees and basic fundraising:
- Infield Clay: It has been 7 years since we were able to add clay to the infields and they are becoming slick. For player safety, we want to add clay this year.
- New Mower: We are using an aging mower to mow the grass outfields (2.5± acres) and drag the infields, that has more frequently been needing costly repairs. We cannot afford the high cost of a landscaping company, so our fields are mowed and dragged by volunteers using the league's mower. We want to purchase a new mower as soon as possible to ensure reliable field maintenance.
- Snack Bar: We have a very old and very small snack shack that is in desperate need of replacement. We also need new refrigerators and other equipment so that we may provide better refreshment options to our families, which will also provide additional ongoing funds to the league for other operating expenses.
Thank you again for considering a donation to the Christian Athletic League. We would also appreciate it if you'd please share this information with your friends and family.